Do parties and crowds fill you with energy, or send you scurrying for peace and quiet? That’s today’s daily prompt for you!
Haha. I almost laughed when i read this line.
BTW my MBTI profile is INFJ. (Introverted, intuitive,feeling and judgmental)
Am i a party person? Well, 2012 made me one. But i’m pretty introverted by nature, sometimes being the center of attraction makes me really embarrassed and i can feel my ears/cheeks go red.
My boss says that he loves to see introverts drink. Since their personalities change (hmmm). I don’t know if i talk more when i drink. But i do get extremely sleepy.
Anyway back to the topic. I don’t think any party would make me “scurry” for peace and quiet unless:
- I didn’t know anyone there (which means i would try to pretend i am invisible and leave early – don’t expect me to be the first one to make small talk)
- I knew someone but that person was boring the socks off me (i’d vanish)
- I was getting bored/trying to avoid talking to someone/anyone/oh what the hell am i doing here – scenario (oh wait! my phone suddenly became so interesting)
- Super old people were invited and i was the baby-sitter
- Super-young people were invited and i was the baby sitter
- Young men who shriek when they laugh (such a big turn off)
- Young women who can only talk about boys
- Old farts who forget they are married/have daughters as old as me
OMG. I suddenly realized that i am not a very social person, am i? And the irony is that i work for a consulting firm. However, working with my boss has helped me a little in the small-talk department. My boss also has a fake laugh. Which i decided not to imitate. I think my dimpled smile should suffice. (Oh vanity, thy name is woman indeed!)
On a side note – would recommend everyone to find out what their MBTI profiles are. It will tell you a lot about yourself, things which maybe you didn’t even know!