In response to today’s daily prompt :
If you had the opportunity to live a nomadic life, traveling from place to place, would you do it? Do you need a home base? What makes a place “home” to you?
Hmm…a younger me would have said No Way! After changing 9 schools I wanted to settle down in one place. I am in Mumbai now, one of the best cities in India and yes, if i had to settle somewhere, I would want to settle here.
But I have also realized that there are a lot of places I want to see in random order:
– Bhutan – I celebrated my first birthday there but have zero memories of that place
– Tibet – Because of the Dalai Lama
– Machu Pichu, Peru – Do i need to even explain?
– Japan – Oh it is the country of my dreams
– Russia – Because i grew up on Russian folklore
Well those are just a few but yes, I wouldn’t mind being a nomad. And with my ability (no, i am not boasting, honest to God!) to make good friends wherever I go, I think I would do just fine. As long as I am not with strangers forever, even a new place can turn into a home.