Rants from the hospital

Hello there.

After a pretty long time I have decided to ramble again…..the last few rants however will resemble a journal entry more than a blog so if no one reads this I really won’t feel offended. Oh well there is one person who claims to read every single entry of mine so….well that person will know who he or she is and I hope this makes that person smile.

Anyway, so my days at the military hospital were…well…they just went by in a daze. I was admitted on the tenth of October, as a result of a bad reaction to an anti biotic which this doctor…lets call him Doctor Quack prescribed. So there I was, trying to sleep when I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling a wee bit strange. I looked at myself in the mirror and voila I had this red rash all over my body. So i went and woke up mum and dad who rushed me to the hospital. The doctors on duty there injected some anti allergic meds into my system and well that really did not help since i had a spasmic attack following that. So i was admitted in the officer’s family ward at three thirty in the morning.

The first day I was the only one in my room. My mother kept on hovering around me…till the nurse shooed both of my parents away and I was shifted into another room with two old ladies in it. Well the less I say of these women, the better. One was a drama queen who thought her days were numbered and the other snored like a bullfrog.

The worst thing about being admitted in a military hospital is that they don’t let you sleep. No sir, sleep is not allowed. Constant vigilance! ( Harry Potter fans will understand) . So my day would start with being woken at 5 fucking AM by this really fat nurse.

“Good morning madam. Tea?”

Me:”Tea at this hour? Sure…pour it out…” Seriously. Do normal people wake up at five to drink tea? Damn.

Then at 6 am the drama queen used to put on the tv and put on kirtan ( religious songs) at full blast. Not once did she ask me if I was getting disturbed. Oh well I didnt protest since she had announced many times that her days were numbered. What could I, with just a bad tonsillitis and sinus infection say to that?

Seven AM. Another fat nurse would wake me up to eat breakfast.

Nine AM. Another nurse would come to take my temperature.

Nine thirty. A different nurse would come to take my blood pressure.

Ten. The medical specialist would come to see how I was doing.

Ten fifteen. A grumpy nurse would come to give me my medicines. She was always grumpy.

Ten thirty. The head of the hospital along with his entourage of ten doctors, nurses, ward officers and god knows who else would come to see how the patients were doing.

Ten forty five. Another nurse would come to give me my intravenous injections.

One PM. Lunch.

The only time I could sleep would be from one thirty to five pm post which the drama queens cracked husband and kids would come to visit her and stay way beyond the stipulated visiting hours of seven pm.

Did i mention that the drama queen and mrs bullfrog would chat into the wee hours of the night….one am…two am…three am?

Me giving dirty looks or even requesting them to stay quiet didnt really help a lot.

Six days in the hospital…well I was glad to be free when this ended.

But all said and done….i am better now…i had a chance to think over so many things and sort my head out. So thank you to all the doctors and nurses there…despite my dark circles i am still highly indebted to you.

Over and out.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s