For all the men who want to skip this, go ahead.
I’m not one who likes to whine and nor am I one who thinks that periods are a menace. But sometimes, just sometimes I wish they were less painful. :(
All women have different symptoms. Back pain, stomach pain, cramps, nausea etc.
But I – I get a wonderful migraine attack every month! Every single month. Its like being hung over without actually being hung over. Not fair. And then the migraine causes nausea where I just want to curl up into a ball and die.
So if anyone reading is facing similar issues, I thought I would share what works for me:
– No bright lights. My eyes hurt.
– No loud music.
– Plenty of water.
– Aerated drinks. I don’t know why. All the burping helps. Or maybe its low blood sugar. It helps.
– Eating stuff that i like. Usually red meat helps. And oh…maybe an occasional bite of chocolate.
But apart from the period itself I also suffer from a bad attack of PMS.I usually get really weepy. Or really, really angry a few days before my period. Its like I’m going to explode and I don’t know why. Sometimes I think I should consult a doctor but I REALLY DON’T WANT MEDICINES. So again, I do what works for me,
– I watch something which perks up my mood
– I exercise
– Get plenty of sleep
– Eat right + Have loads of fruits
– Avoid people during those 1 or 2 days
– Take multivitamin supplements
All in all, exercising + eating right + sleeping have worked for me, no matter what the ailment.
If anyone else has ever faced similar issues, drop a note and let me know what works for you.